Desktop Hard Drives that Lower Costs
The Seagate® Desktop HDD is the one drive for every desktop system need, supported by 30 years of trusted performance, reliability and simplicity. Now available in capacities up to 4TB.
- PERFECT WHEN YOU NEED TO:
- Build desktop or all-in-one PCs to equip home servers
- Store active archive data
- Outfit direct-attached, entry-level external storage devices (DAS)
- Support workload rate limits of 55TB/year in 8×5 environments
Computer Hard Drive Storage Technology
Count on Seagate to deliver the storage innovations that bring down your costs and crank up your storage.
- Industry's first 1TB-per-disk hard drive technology
- SATA 6Gb/s technology maximizes performance
- Free DiscWizardT software enables high capacities on legacy PC BIOS systems.
Easy Transition Beyond 2TB-to 3TB and 4TB Drive Capacities
Are you worried about moving beyond 2TB? You don't have to. The Seagate DiscWizardT utility makes this transition a snap:
- Free software enables Windows machines to utilize drives beyond 2TB
- Seagate DiscWizard provides you with a means to effectively utilize your high-capacity hard drives
Lower Hard Drive Storage Costs
Seagate Desktop HDDs with 1TB-per-disk have advanced power modes to save more energy while in idle states-without sacrificing performance.
Desktop HDDs are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
- Desktop HDDs comply with the RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds.
- 70% or more of the materials used to build Desktop HDDs are recyclable.
- Low power consumption.
What's in the Box
- Seagate Desktop HDD
- Free DiscWizardT software
- Interface cable, power adapter, mounting screws, and CD with software and manual*
- Quick installation guide*
*Available with Desktop HDD Kits only
|Hard drive interface||Serial ATA III|
|Hard drive capacity||2000 GB|
|Hard drive size||8.89 cm (3.5")|
|Hard drive speed||7200 RPM|
|Drive device, buffer size||64 MB|
|Write seek||9.5 ms|
|Read seek||8.5 ms|
|Bytes per sector||4096|
|Hard disk number of heads||4|
|Hard drive sustained transfer rate||210 MiB/s|
|Power consumption (typical)||8W|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 60 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-40 - 70 °C|