The DM-901 unites premium sound quality with mobile features for easy note-taking in any situation. For the first time on an Olympus recorder, Wi-Fi links the DM-901 to a user's smartphone, from which an available app can remotely trigger the DM-901 to record on command. This feature is ideal for capturing events when there is a significant distance between the user and the speaker.
- Remote control by smartphone :
At events such as seminars and lectures where there is distance from the speaker, you can still achieve the clearest recordings. Set the recorder close to the speaker and use the available app to control the recorder from a distance you can start and stop the recording from a distance so you only capture the content you need. Recorded files and visual indexes linked to the files can be easily uploaded to Dropbox through a smartphone and accessed with a web browser.
- Use photos from your smartphone as a visual index :
Images taken by your smartphone's camera during recording can be used as a visual index by linking them to the timeline. The visual index makes it easier for you to search or manage your recording than relying simply on audio and text.
- The zoom microphone mode makes it possible to focus on a voice that is far away :
The directivity control technology has been used to make it possible to switch direction with the "+" and "-" buttons. It provides value by zooming in on audio sources when recording a discussion or lecture from a distant position or when recording in an environment in which there is a lot of ambient sound. The zoom microphone mode adjusts the recording level higher according to the zoom.
- Write meeting minutes efficiently with Voice Playback :
By using the Voice Playback function, the recorder skips the non-voice and dead air parts of the recording and only plays back where there is sound. For example, if 70% of the recording is conversation, a one-hour recording can be shortened to approximately. 40 minutes. This allows you to more efficiently transcribe your recording into meeting minutes.
- Voice balancer :
When recording meetings in large rooms, the recording levels of each sound is tend to vary due to different distances and positional relationships with respect to sound sources. Even in these cases, the voice balancer function adjusts the volume levels of all speakers to a certain level so that it is clearer to hear.
- Noise cancellation for clear playback quality :
The noise-cancellation function powerfully reduces unwanted ambient noise such as air-conditioner noise or projector fan noise and enables clear playback quality. The function is very effective when playing back meeting recordings.
- Voice guidance :
The voice guidance feature can read out the names of menu items on the screen so you can operate with confidence by touch alone.
- Enhanced screen and user interface :
The DM-901 offers a high definition 2" color LCD which perfectly showcases the user interface.
- Product Type : Voice recorder flash based
- Media Content Source : Flash memory card
- Dimensions (WxDxH) : 5.1 cm x 1.8 cm x 11.4 cm
- Weight : 105 g
- Playback Digital Standards : WMA, PCM, MP3
- Built-in Display Colour : 2 in
- Supported Flash Memory Cards : SDHC, SD Memory Card, SDXC
- Flash Memory : 4 GB
- Interface Supported : USB 2.0, Wi-Fi
- Battery Digital voice recorder battery : rechargeable - Lithium Ion