With time-saving features and a clean, modern look across all your programs, school assignments and personal projects can get done even faster. Plus, save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive to access virtually anywhere.
Your Office for home and homework
- Word Word
- In the new Read Mode, text reflows automatically in columns for
easier on-screen reading
- Fewer menus means more focus on your content-see only the tools you
need, when you need them
- Open a PDF in Word, and edit content just as if you created it in
- Show your style by using Word templates in more than 40 categories
- Excel Excel
- Each workbook has in its own window, making it easier to work on two
workbooks--or two monitors-- at once
- New functions in the math and trig, statistical, engineering, date
and time, lookup and reference, logical, and text function categories
- The new Recommended Charts button lets you pick from a variety of
charts that are right for your data
- PowerPoint PowerPoint
- Presenter View allows you to see your notes on your monitor while
the audience only sees the slide
- Smart Guides automatically appear when your objects are close to
even, and tell you when objects are spaced evenly
- Support for more multimedia formats, such as .mp4 and .mov, more
high-definition content, and more built-in codecs
- OneNote OneNote
- Smoothly draw, erase, and edit with your finger, stylus, or mouse on
any touch-capable device
- OneNote automatically converts your handwriting to text, so no
worries about your handwriting
- The new Send to OneNote tool makes it easier to include documents or
Web pages in your notebooks
Your personalised Office experience
- Capture your ideas however you work best-with keyboard, pen, or
- View Word documents in the new Read mode for a pleasant and focused
reading experience on large or small screens.
- Capture and organise all kinds of information in OneNote-notes,
pictures, web pages, voice memos, even videos-and share it virtually
Share your work
- Easily work with others on your shared documents with free Office Web
- Present a Word document on your screen to others using only a browser
with the Present Online feature, even if they don't have Word installed.
- Save your work to SkyDrive and access it from almost anywhere.
- Easily incorporate content from PDFs into your Word documents.
- Use Recommended Charts to visualise your Excel data and draw conclusions
in less time.
- Required Processor
1 gigahertz (Ghz) or faster x86- or x64-bit processor with SSE2
- Required Operating System
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012
- Required Memory
1 GB RAM (32 bit); 2 GB RAM (64 bit)
- Required Hard Disk Space
3.0 GB available
- Required Display
Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX10 graphics card and
1024 x 576 resolution
- .NET version
3.5, 4.0, or 4.5
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10.x or a later
version; Apple Safari 5; or Google Chrome 17.x.
A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality.
However, all features and functionality are always available by using a
keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that new
touch features are optimised for use with Windows 8.