- Designed to provide long-term backup and archive storage data protection while lowering overall storage costs;
- Easily access data stored on Linear Tape-Open Ultrium 6 and 5 cartridges through the use of IBM Linear Tape File System technology;
- Gain more energy efficiency than with previous generations;
- Support media partitioning on LTO Ultrium 6 media and Linear Tape File System;
- Double the compressed cartridge capacity with more than 40 percent better performance than LTO Ultrium generation 5 drives.
The IBM System Storage TS2260 Tape Drive Express is the answer to growing storage requirements-and shrinking backup windows. Incorporating the latest generation of industry-leading LTO technology, the TS2260 Tape Drive is suited for handling backup, save and restore, and archival data storage needs with higher capacity and higher data transfer rates than the previous generation. In addition, the LTO Ultrium 6 technology is designed to support media partitioning and the IBM Linear Tape File System Single Drive Edition. It also continues to support encryption of data and Write Once Read Many media.
The IBM System Storage TS2260 Tape Drive is an excellent tape storage solution for organizations requiring backup and low-cost, archival storage of data. The TS2260, with a half-height form factor, offers more capacity than the full height LTO Ultrium 5 tape drive in less space. The TS2260 provides a physical storage capacity of up to 6.25 TB. The data transfer performance has increased over the previous LTO Ultrium half-height generation with a transfer rate of up to 160 MBps with 6 Gbps SAS interface connectivity. It also offers two SAS and one Ethernet port per drive to improve availability.
|Interface||Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)|
|Native capacity||2500 GB|
|Compressed capacity||6250 GB|
|Drive device, transfer rate||160 MB/s|
|Colour of product||Black|
|Power requirements||100 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz|