The D-Link DCS-6517 5 Megapixel Varifocal Outdoor Dome Network Camera is a high definition professional surveillance and security solution suitable for businesses and enterprises. The camera uses a 5 megapixel progressive scan CMOS sensor to deliver truly superior quality video in all conditions.
Combined with its power over Ethernet (PoE) capability this truly is a versatile solution that can be used in a wide range of applications.
- Built for the Outdoors : Specially built for outdoor use, the DCS-6517 has an IP66 weatherproof housing that protects it from dirt and rain. The durable housing has also been designed to meet IK10 vandal proof specifications, meaning that it can be deployed into areas that are prone to vandalism.
- Continuous Monitoring : The DCS-6517 also has built-in IR LED illuminators with a 20 metre range, allowing the camera to keep watch even in complete darkness. To maximise bandwidth efficiency and improve image quality, the DCS-6517 provides real-time video compression using the H.264, and MJPEG codecs, and supports three separate profiles for simultaneous video streaming and recording.
- Flexible Connectivity : The DCS-6517 has a built-in 802.3af compliant PoE module that simplifies installation by providing power and networking connectivity with a single cable, reducing the need to drill holes or lay additional cabling.
- Robust Management Software : Includes D-ViewCamT, a complete surveillance software package that enables you to view, manage, and record from up to 32 cameras on a single computer in a central location.
Recordings and e-mail alerts can be triggered through motion detection or events triggered by digital input devices, keeping administrators informed of any unusual activity.
- OS Support : Operating System: Windows 7/8/XP/Vista/2000
D-ViewCamT System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/XP/Vista/2000
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher
- Protocol: Standard TCP/IP
Camera Hardware Profile
- 1/3.2" 5 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- 20 metre IR illumination distance
- Built-in Infrared-Cut Removable (ICR) Filter module
- Minimum illumination:
- 0.5 Lux Color mode
- 0.1 Lux Black and White mode
- 0 Lux Black and White mode with IR LED on
- Minimum object distance 0.3 m
- 3 ~ 10.5 mm DC iris vari-focal lens
- Aperture F1.4
- Angle of view
- (H) 25.48° to 85.03°
- (V) 19.09° to 65.47°
- Shutter Speed: 1/2.5 ~ 1/10,000
- 4x Digital zoom
- IP66 compliant weatherproof housing
- IK-10 compliant vandal-proof housing
- Included sunshield
- Administrator and user group protection
- Remote client access control
- HTTP and RTSP authentication
- HTTPS encryption for web access
External Device Interfaces
- 10/100 BASE-TX Ethernet port with PoE
- 1 DI / 1 DO
- Reset button
- Video Out (BNC)
- microSD card Slot (SD/SDHC)
- Audio input / output
- System Requirements for Web Interface
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- Motion detection
- Event notification and uploading of snapshots/video clips via e-mail or FTP
- Supports multiple HTTP, SMTP, and FTP servers
- Multiple event notifications
- Multiple recording methods for easy backup
- Take snapshots/video clips and save to local hard drive
- Configuration interface accessible via web browser
- Weight : 1.25 kg (2.75 lbs)
- Input: 12 V DC 1.5 A. 50/60 Hz, IEEE 802.3af PoE Class 0
- Power Consumption : Max:11.6 W (PoE, heater on)