Make the best choice in computer-aided design software with an affordable powerhouse that delivers an intuitive UI, industry standard and customizable tools in an interactive environment. CorelCAD 2017 delivers the sophistication and precision you need to exceed the CAD results you expect in 2D drafting and 3D design. Work in a familiar environment as CorelCAD 2017 uses .DWG file format natively, offering compatibility with all major CAD programs.
Native .DWG files
- Open, edit and save files in .DWG format for easy collaboration with
colleagues and suppliers. As the native file format, CorelCAD offers .DWG,
.DXF and .DWF support up to the latest AutoCAD (R2013 .DWG) file format
Industry-standard CAD features
- CorelCAD is compatible with all major CAD programs, so experienced users
will feel comfortable with the familiar command bar, command aliases, and
menu and toolbar items.
3D modeling and solid editing tools
- Add 3D solid primitives to your design and use Boolean operations to
unite, intersect and subtract bodies. Use advanced editing tools like
Filleting Edges of 3D Solids, and coloring, moving, rotating and offsetting
individual faces of 3D solids.
Patterns along paths
- Utilize the new Pattern commands to create copies of specified objects
along a path. The established path can be in various shapes, such as a line,
polyline, arc, circle, ellipse, or spline, plus the alignment options will
control the pattern's final appearance.
- Establish exacting centerlines between pairs of lines, arcs, and
polyline segments and even set the extension for centerlines to exceed the
shapes that define the contour. Best of all, the specific LineStyle for
centerlines is assigned automatically.
- Cut quickly with confidence using the handy Trim and PowerTrim tools to
precisely edit hatches and solid, single-color or multicolor-gradient fills.
Once the divisions are made, the resulting hatch and color fills will
maintain their association to subsequent boundary objects and remain as one
Object snaps and EntityGrips
- Use CorelCAD smart tools, such as object snaps, grips and polar guides,
to quickly reposition, align, copy or resize objects. Save valuable design
time with a faster on-screen editing tool. Simply use the contextual
shortcut menus to instantly edit the geometry of objects in place when you
hover over any EntityGrip.
- Enjoy enriched functionality with a redesigned print dialog box that
improves the user experience. The print preview now updates dynamically when
you change any of the print settings, and it shows an optimized preview of
the image before you print.
Auto-Completion for commands
- Streamline your workflow with a UI that allows you to apply an
auto-completion function for command and variable names as you type them. In
addition, it can display a list of suggested command and variable names that
will contain your typed substring.
- Divide lines wherever needed with the ability to split dimension and
extension lines of dimension objects where they cross other shapes.
Conversely, you can also rejoin dimension and extension lines that were
- Use the ChangeSpace command to move objects, such as a title block or
part list, from your Model workspace to a Layout sheet or vice versa. During
the command process, the selected objects will be scaled within the new
workspace to maintain its visual appearance.
- Modify the BlockAttribute values and properties of your inserted Blocks
within any drawing to display relevant information about a particular piece
or component as text, such as a quantity, weight or other characteristic.
With this new functionality, you can also format the attribute text so it
will be visibly different and separate from other attributes in the drawing.
- Establish a command interface in your project using the cursor in the
drawing area. It's an efficient and time-saving feature that brings commands
directly to the cursor so when you move it, the tooltips track and enable
input of coordinate positions, lengths, angles, lines and more - when and
where you need it.
- Work in a consistent manner with Layer Preview and Layer transparency
features to align project elements, including drawing components from the
recent versions of AutoCAD .DWG files.
Layer States Manager
- Keep the layers in perfect order by using the Layer States dialog. Save
in a LayerState to manage the appearance of design components with named
layer states, turn them on and off, and switch between displays. It will
save, restore and manage configurations of layer properties and states, and
can be shared across projects.