The Cisco® Dense Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (DWDM) XFP pluggable module (Figure 1) allows enterprise companies and service providers to provide scalable and easy-to-deploy 10 Gigabit LAN or WAN services in their networks.
Main features of the Cisco DWDM XFP include:
- The Cisco DWDM XFP supports 10-Gigabit data rates from 9.9G to 11.1G.
- The hot-swappable input/output device plugs into an Ethernet XFP port of a Cisco switch or router to link the port with the network.
- The Cisco DWDM XFP supports the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature, which enables a Cisco switch or router to identify whether or not the module is an XFP module certified and tested by Cisco.
- The standard Cisco DWDM XFP supports 32 nontunable ITU 100-GHz wavelengths.
- The tunable Cisco DWDM XFP supports 80 tunable ITU 50-GHz wavelengths.
- Cisco DWDM XFP modules supports digital optical monitoring capability.
|Data transfer rate (max)||10000 Mbit/s|
|Plug and Play||Yes|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||18.5 x 71 x 8.5 mm|
|Power consumption (typical)||3.5 W|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 70 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-40 - 85 °C|