PowerChute Business Edition software provides UPS management and safe system shutdown for servers and workstations. In the event of an extended power outage, graceful unattended shutdown ensures no information is lost and time to recovery is minimized. Deluxe versions enable you to simultaneously monitor up to 25 UPSs and provides advanced notification and analysis features which help you to identify the causes of potential UPS and power related problems before they occur, ensuring the health of your system.
Features & Benefits
- Operating System Shutdown
- Prevents possible data corruption by performing graceful, unattended operating system shutdown in the event of an extended power outage or computer power problem.
- Scheduling capability
- Customize a schedule for the shutdown and reboot of connected equipment and UPSs
- Sequenced shutdown and restart
- Customize network shutdown and reboot sequence of connected servers and UPSs.
- Load shedding
- Turn off select outlet groups in a pre-determined sequence to shed less critical equipment and conserve runtime (UPSs with switched outlet groups).
- Outlet group control
- Turn on/off, reboot or shut down select outlet groups to save dispatching technicians to remote locations (for UPSs with switched outlet groups).
- Energy usage reporting
- Gain a fact-based understanding of the energy usage of your protected equipment.
- Energy costing
- Understand the cost of powering your protected equipment.
- CO2 Emissions Reporting
- Monitor the environmental impact of powering your protected equipment.
- Configurable energy costs
- Update energy costs as they change to ensure your energy cost reports are completely accurate
- Risk assessment summary
- Maximize uptime by identifying potential threats to the availability of your equipment such as aging batteries or insufficient runtime.
- Power event summary
- Analyze power by pinpointing frequent or extended under and over voltages. Alerts you to unusual or chronic power situations that require attention.
- Power Analysis Graph
- Graph power and UPS events by time of day or week to easily identify periodic, recurring power disturbances.
- Voltage analysis
- Monitors input line voltage over time to ensure it is within high and low transfer parameters.
- Multiple Smart-UPS Management
- Customize your UPS status overview to centrally display parameters such as battery replacement date and runtime remaining.
- Recommended Actions
- Intelligent alarm descriptions coupled with recommended resolutions reduces the need for training and mean time to repair.
- Smart Battery Management
- Battery replacement date and Replacement Battery Cartridge (RBC) number available via software user interface which provides a seamless link to order the correct RBC's online.
- Be notified of problems to ensure crucial situations are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Data logging
- Identify problematic trends before they escalate or export the data log for analysis.
- Event logging
- Pinpoint the timing and sequence of events leading up to an incident with the event log.
- Run command file
- Run command file on network shutdown sequence as well as start-up sequence.
- Speed deployment by specifying remote networks segments or an IP address range to discover APC UPSs
- Password Security
- User-selectable password protection prevents unauthorized access, authorized against LDAP and Active Directory servers.
- SMTP Authentication
- Secure Mail Transfer Protocol support to authenticate e-mail
- Secure communications
- Secured web access via HTTPS, as the default, ensures that communication between the device and the client interfaces cannot be interpreted.
- Initial Set-Up Wizard
- Enables ease of configuration and ensures IT equipment is protected as quickly as possible