Engineered to deliver the highest level of business continuity possible, the Symmetra LX uses a modular, redundant architecture that can scale power and run-time as demand increases or when higher levels of availability are required. Advancements in this next generation design greatly decrease foot print or U-space needed in an equipment rack, increase speed and ease of deployment and reduce repair time. With built-in network manageability and a comprehensive portfolio, the on-line Symmetra LX is the choice to protect high-performance IT and telecom equipment in computer rooms and small data centers.
- Modular design
Provides fast serviceability and reduced maintenance requirements via
self-diagnosing, field-replaceable modules.
- Configurable for N+1 internal redundancy
Provides high availabilty through redundancy by allowing configuration
with one more Power Module than is necessary to support the connected load.
- Redundant Intelligence Modules
Provides higher availability to the UPS connected loads by giving
redundant communication paths to critical UPS functions.
- Hot-swappable intelligence modules
Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment during
Intelligence Module replacement.
- Hot-swappable power modules
Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment during Power
- Hot-swappable batteries
Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment throughout
- Power Modules connected in parallel
Enhances availability by allowing immediate, seamless recovery from
isolated module failures.
- Battery modules connected in parallel
Delivers higher availability through redundant batteries.
- Automatic internal bypass
Supplies utility power to the connected loads in the event of a UPS
overload condition or fault.
- Automatic restart of loads after UPS
Automatically starts up the connected equipment upon the return of
- Scalable Power Capacity
Reduces UPS over-sizing costs today by allowing quick upgrades later.
- Scalable runtime
Allows quick addition of more runtime when needed.
- Plug-and-Play external batteries
Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to the loads when adding extra
runtime to the UPS.
- Rack/Tower Convertible
Protects the initial investment in the UPS when migrating from tower to
- Field-replaceable power distribution panel
Ensures compatibility with equipment that has different plug types.
- Programmable Frequency
Ensures compatibility with different input frequencies.
- InfraStruXure Manager Compatible
Enables centralized management via APC's InfraStruXure Manager.
- Network manageable
Provides remote management of the UPS over the network.
- LCD display
Manage the UPS locally through a text-based display that allows quick
diagnosis via stored alarm conditions and events
- Manageable external batteries
Reduces preventative maintenance service needs by monitoring the health
and status of the external batteries and their expected runtime.
- Intelligent Battery Management
Provides higher availability through intelligent precision-charging that
maximizes battery performance, life, and reliability.
Customize UPS capabilities with management cards.
- Predictive failure notification
Provides early-warning fault analysis ensuring proactive component
- Automatic self-test
Ensures early detection of potential problems by periodic testing of UPS
- Audible Alarms
Actively let you know if the unit is on battery, if the battery is low
or if there is an overload condition.
- Shippable with modules installed
Enables pre-installation UPS staging and testing and faster
- User-replaceable intelligence modules
Enables simple upgrades and replacements of the Intelligence Modules.
- User-replaceable power modules
Enables simple upgrades and replacements of the Power Modules.
- User-replaceable batteries
Enables simple upgrades and replacement of the Batteries.
- Disconnected battery notification
Warns when a battery is not available to provide backup power.
- Removable input/output wiring tray
Allows quick and easy installation and maintenance of the UPS.
- Power conditioning
Protects connected loads from surges, spikes, lightning, and other power
- Frequency and voltage regulation
Preserves battery life and maximizes runtime by correcting poor
frequency and voltage conditions without discharging the battery.
- Input Power Factor Correction
Minimizes installation costs by enabling the use of smaller generators
- Generator Compatible
Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to the loads in the event of an
extended power outage
- Cold-start capable
Provides temporary battery power when the utility power is out.
- Resettable circuit breakers
Enables quick recovery from UPS overload events.
- Safety-agency approved
Ensures product testing and approval to work safely with the connected
loads and within the environment.
- Output power capacity: 12,000 VA
- Output power capacity: 8,400 Watts
- Max Configurable Power: 16,000 VA
- Max Configurable Power: 11,200 Watts
- Nominal output voltage: 230 V
- Output Frequency (sync to mains): 47-63Hz
- Output Voltage Note: Configurable for 220 :
230 or 240 nominal output voltage
- Output Voltage Distortion: less than 5% at
- Crest Factor: up to 5 : 1
- Waveform type: Sinewave
- Output Connections: (1)Hard Wire 3-wire (H N +
- Bypass: Internal Bypass (Automatic and Manual)
- Nominal input voltage: 230, 400 3PH V
- Input frequency: 45 - 65 Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connection Type: Hard Wire 3 wire
(1PH+N+G), Hard Wire 5-wire (3PH + N + G)
- Input voltage range for main operations: 155 -
276, 290 - 480 (3:1) V
- Other Input Voltages: 220V, 240V, 380V, 415V
- Typical backup time at half load: 20.2 minutes
- Typical backup time at full load: 7.5 minutes
- Runtime Chart: Symmetra LX
- Battery type: Maintenance-free sealed
Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte : leakproof
- Replacement battery cartridge: (3) SYBT5
- Maximum height dimensions: 37 inches ( 94 cm )
- Maximum width dimensions: 19 inches ( 48 cm )
- Maximum depth dimensions: 29 inches ( 73 cm )
- Net weight: 580 lbs. ( 264 kg )
- Number of Power Module Slots Filled: 3
- Number of Power Module Slots Empty: 2
- Color: Black, Silver
- Units per Pallet: 1.0
- Operating Environment: 0 - 40 øC (32 -
- Operating Relative Humidity: 0 - 95%
- Operating Elevation: 0-10000 feet (0-3000 m)
- Storage Temperature: -15 - 45 øC (5 - 113øF)
- Storage Relative Humidity: 0 - 95%
- Storage Elevation: 0-15000 feet (0-4500 m)
- Online thermal dissipation: 3,707 BTU/hr
- Approvals: C-tick, CE, EN 50091-1, EN 50091-2,
EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024, EN 60950, GOST, IEC 60950, VDE